Thursday, December 31, 2015

Alumni New Years Resolutions For 2016

As we near the end of the year we find ourselves in a pretty enviable position: we don't have a lot of pets. What with our Home For The Holidays and the enormous hearts of Silicon Valley, most of our kids have found permanent homes. We have a bunch of new kids that are getting ready to go up for adoption but this blog finds us with very few adoptable muffins to highlight.

So instead of showing off our adoptable fuzz-nuggets, we decided to ask some of our favorite alumni about this coming year. Now that they've found homes, what are their resolutions? Where do they see themselves going from here?

Hey there - check YOU out. 
Fresa: I'm going to bring back the jaunty wink. It was a big thing in the fifties and it's just fallen out of fashion. I'm going to make a wink the new 'hello'. It will be awesome. And it plays to my strengths. Making lemons out of lemonade and all.

World domination in 5....4.....3....
The kittens: Destruction. Mischief. Hijinks. We're only young once and when we hit that whole cat-hood phase of life we generally mellow out. So make hay while the sun shines. See if we can set some records on number of curtains decimated, that sort of thing. 

Today is not a loafers day. But the tennis shoes are totally legit. 
The puppies: We're going to try really, really hard not to poop in your shoes. True, it's such a perfect vessel for it. And true, it's an awesome trick to play. But we're going to work on this, really we are. 

Do they make apple bottom jeans for cats? 
Copper: I'm going to give Kim Kardashian and Beyonce a run for their money. If 2016 is the year of the Flamboyant Rear View, I've got this one in the bag. 

Hey girl...
Gidget: I'm going to change the way the world thinks about chihuahuas with just one smile. Yappy? Skittish? Snappy? I think not. 

I could use a hand here. 
Paul: I'm going to learn to speak a little hooman. Just phrases like "get me my toy",  "I need more wet food" and "if you try to trim my nails again I'll flay you alive". It's always good to learn another language, I think. It's enriching. 

This time will be different. 
Jasmine: I'm going to get to a point in my life where the bear stops hitting me in the head. I'm going to catch the bear. The bear won't just be a thing that happens to me. 

I'm serious about the nail clippers. Go. 
Abigail: I'm going to be more honest with how I feel. If I love something, I'm going to let people know I love it. Wait, are those nail clippers?

Mmmmf und gffdt thhhoy. (It's a good toy).
Linus: Mmph mmmmph errrrrmpppphh ptthhhhhhfff mrrrrrf. Nnd fnnth hermpff.

(Translation: I'm going to hold this toy all year. And find a home.)

To everyone who made our year so special and awesome, thank you. Thank you to our amazing volunteers, our tireless foster parents, our huge-hearted adopters and super-generous supporters. From all of us to all of you, thanks for a wonderful 2015. 

No comments:

Post a Comment